Thursday, April 28, 2011

HW 49-Comments on Your the Best of your Break HW.

Allwyn,

Overall great post dealing with your thoughts and feeling on the topic of Death but what stuck out to me the most was the end of your post. Interviewing your parents was a good approach and a good source of information for you to gather from. As well it gave me the idea that the topic is a very unsettling to be talked about in your family. When you mentioned the topic to your parents they had a very negative reaction to words Death. Just as I can imagine it is a very uncomfortable topic to be discussed but I have a kind of different view now that I myself has had more classes in which in groups we have discussed the topic casually and I have gathered more natural feeling towards the topic. What I mean is that your parents show a perfect example of the socially accepted way of discussing the topic of death. Furthermore to feel uncomfortable and not right to talk about it but on the other hand I fell that people should embrace this inevitable topic and discuss it more freely and openly and not be so disinclined at the thought of it. But regardless of my views on this topic you have a great post discussing your thoughts and families thoughts on the topic of Death.

-Brendan.



Ariel,
I found it very brave of you to have been able to write about such intimate information about you family. I feel that it is very empowering for you to be sharing your thoughts and being able to share your families at the same time. But I feel that you should talk to your grandmother more about topics in which she is uncomfortable about. I say this because I too have relatives that have had problems in the past with talking about passed family members. As well I feel that there is a good result that comes from discussing and opening up with your family about passed relatives and I have found it to be a great form of closure and a cure to the grief that some people let hang over them when they lose a loved one. But don't let my view feel pushed on to you I'm only giving you an idea of how to approach the issue and I in no way want you to feel like I'm pushing it on you. But regardless I like how you set up your post with the questions in one column and the answers in another, it was very easy for me to read through everything great post.

-Brendan.


Ariel,
I would like to thank you for actually getting the point of my post number one religion has a extremely big part that pretty much defines the whole process after death within the topic of The Care of the Death. As well I would like to thank you fro agreeing with me on my point that religion is a big topic that pretty much lays out a whole new story when the process of the Care of the Dead is carried out. Also I can relate to you in the way of faith to religion I to am not a very religions person although I have been to Catholic school and have had the Catholic religion pushed on me my entire life. One thing that stuck out to me in your comment was that you haven't been to any funerals in your life I find that a little hard to believe , so let me pose this question to you was it a choice for you not to go to any funerals or have you just not had any immediate family members taken from you?


-Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment