Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Extra Credit Opportunities-COTD3 "Bodies Exhibit"











   When I went to the Bodies it seemed very sketchy when I walked in I felt like i was walking into an OTB office and placing bets with shady people around me but I when I went there was absolutely nobody in the ticket booth area but me and the ticket salesgirl. When I went to buy the ticket I was surprised that the complex was very dark , there were barely any lights other than the entrance lights and the lights from up stairs. As I went up the escalator after getting my mass amounts of tickets I went to begin the exhibition. i found the ticket lady and first gave her the wrong tickets which were my receipt tickets and once that mix up was fixed I began my tour. First i was in a room where the walls were covered with scientific professor bio's about their specific science of the body that they dealt with and then there was a screen at the end of the room. Dr. Oz appeared on the screen and talked about the exhibit and the human body for a few moments and then welcomed me officially into the exhibit.

   As I entered into the main maze of rooms when I finally got into the exhibit there was many pictures and information segments of different body parts and functions of the body and inner and outer images and displays of the body. Something that especially stood out to me was the real life bodies that they used to depict the images that they wished to portray for each different segment of information. What I found really interesting was that at the entrance of the exhibit I was given an audio device that I used to pretty much breakdown all the segments of information that were in front of my eyes. They broke it down like this, there were numbers next to all of the diagrams and displays and segments of information and when you plugged in these numbers to the phone looking audio device it played an audio tape that summed up all of the information being displayed. I used this audio device for numerous parts of the exhibit until I got bored. Then I came to an exhibit that really caught my attention. I went into a room that was almost completely dark. Inside this room were huge vials, these vials contained of ,which I'm assuming were aborted infant fetuses. They had  maybe about 10  to 8 vials in total and under the vials it read the amount of weeks the baby was able to develop. It gauged from 20 weeks to 1 week and they had an ominous glow to them. To me when I came upon this part of the exhibit although I found it to be interesting I also found it to be inhuman. To bottle up a potential human life for the entertainment of other living humans, the idea just seems unmorally wrong.

The video above was one that I took covertly inside of the exhibit of the aborted babies/ fetuses room. Although I was able to get pictures and videos from this exhibit it wasn't going about getting these things. After the first ten minutes I got caught taking pictures of the exhibit and the security official made me delete a lot of good pictures that I took before. But this in my opinion was the best video that I got of the baby's exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment